VIBES: Khalid “MOTION”
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas*
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup water or liquid from cooking chickpeas
NOTES ON CHICKPEAS:
- You can use dried or canned beans, but the flavor from using dried beans cooked with some aromatics worth the effort.
- I cooked 1 lb of dried chickpeas in my instant pot with 6 cups of water, 4 smashed garlic cloves and a 1/2 onion quartered. Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes and let the pressure release naturally. Reserve some of the cooking liquid because it has alot of flavor. The chickpeas will be soft, and perfect for hummus. I froze the remaining chickpeas in portioned bags for making hummus later.
- If you’d like to use the chickpeas in curries or something other than hummus, cook for 30 mins for more firm chickpeas.
- Do not salt the chickpeas prior to cooking because they will not soften.
- A can of store bought chickpeas is roughly 1.5 cups.
Place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin, salt, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of water or cooking liquid in a food processor. Blend until smooth adding more water as needed to get the desired consistency. Taste for salt, season more if needed. Serve or store in airtight container in fridge, will keep for 5-7 days.