VIBES: Donell Jones “This Luv”
A version of a legendary NJ pizzeria house salad that gives me memories of my childhood.
Creamy Italian Dressing:
- 1 envelope “Good Seasons” Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tbsp. sugar (sub for monkfruit sweetener to make it Keto friendly)
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. vinegar (white, white wine, or red wine)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper to taste
Note- you can add a bit of water to thin if needed.
- 2-3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cubed into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 cup block mozzarella, chopped into small thin squares
- optional: 1/4 cup salami chopped into thin squares
- First marinate your onions in a bowl with a sprinkle of vinegar and salt to mellow them out.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed to combine. Taste as you go and adjust for your personal preference on salt, pepper, and acidity. You can thin it out if needed by adding a tsp of water at a time. Dressing will keep in the fridge for a week or two.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and top with dressing. Serve immediately.