VIBES: Prince “The Beautiful Ones”
- 1 cup French Green (or Castellucio or Beluga) lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 small red onion sliced paper thin (on mandolin)
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 small peach sliced paper thin (on mandolin)
- A drizzle of honey
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsely, dill, chives, cilantro) roughly chopped
- 3 oz crumbled feta
- 2 cups loosely packed mixed lettuces – roughly torn
PRESERVED LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 Preserved Lemons, rinsed, flesh scraped out, and peels chopped
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Place lentils and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 15-18 minutes or until lentils are tender, drain. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and cracked pepper over lentils and salt to taste. Set aside to cool.
Make the dressing by combining all ingredients and whisking in olive oil to emulsify.
Slice the onions and sprinkle with sumac and a bit of vinaigrette in a small bowl. Set aside to marinate.
Slice the peaches and drizzle with honey. Chop the herbs. Toss the lentils with a few Tbsp of vinaigrette.
To Assemble Salad – Cover a plate with the roughly torn mixed lettuces, top with lentils, then peaches, then onions and then chopped herbs and feta. Drizzle a few more spoonfuls of dressing over the salad and serve. Reserve remaining dressing in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep for about a week.
One thought on “HERBY LENTIL SALAD WITH PRESERVED LEMON VINAIGRETTE”