VIBES: Prince “PURPLE RAIN”
- 1 lb chicken breast or thigh, cut into 1-1 ½ inch pieces (you can swap for shrimp, or do half and half)
For the Marinade
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped herbs for garnish (parsley, chives, dill, cilantro)
Garlic Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (cold)
- 4 garlic cloves – grated
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of lemon zest
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
3 long metal skewers, or 6 small wooden skewers soaked in water – You can also sub shrimp in for the chicken or do a combo of both.
In a small bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together.
Place the cubed chicken into a flat, sealable container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Mix the chicken with the marinade to be sure all the pieces are well-coated.
Cover the container and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, up to overnight. If using shrimp, marinate 20 minutes before grilling.
- Make the garlic yogurt sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl/container, mix well to combine. Adjust salt to taste. Set aside in fridge for atleast an hour to allow flavors to combine.
Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers, pressing the pieces up against each other.
Grill the chicken skewers for 8-10 minutes a side, until the chicken is firm and golden and registers 165º on a meat thermometer.