VIBES: Eddie Hazel “Frantic Moment” J Dilla “Track 23”
- 2 cups all purpose | plain flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (plus up to 1/4 cup extra if needed)
- 1/4 cup butter , melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- Neutral oil for pan
- Maple Syrup, Honey or Berries for serving.
Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg.
Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth – a few lumps are ok.
The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If it is too thick and will not pour easily, add a few more Tbsp of milk.
Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and brush with a little neutral oil to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook pancakes until bottoms are golden brown and bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until cooked through and other side of pancakes are golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Serve pancakes with maple syrup or desired toppings.