VIBES: Leon Bridges “Sweeter”
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the pan
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 apples (any kind), peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper, for easy removal.
- Mix brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl; set aside. Toss apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining teaspoon cinnamon in another bowl.
- Beat butter and remaining 2/3 cup granulated sugar together in another medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add vanilla extract.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl, then add to creamed butter mixture and beat until blended. Mix 1/2 cup milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a knife or spoon.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool for about 15-20 minutes.
NOTE: You can omit the apples for a plain cinnamon swirl cake.