- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 ripe mangos (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (optional to make the sorbet less icy)
- Make simple syrup: Heat the sugar, salt, and water in a medium saucepan until the sugar and salt have completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Prep mango: Chop the mango flesh into cubes, discard the peel and the seed. You should have about 3 1/2 to 4 cups of chopped mango. Heres a quick video on how to cut a mango.
- Blend mango, simple syrup, lime juice: Put the mango pieces, simple syrup, and lime juice into a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Chill: Pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Process in ice cream maker: When ready to put the chilled lime mango purée into your ice cream maker, mix in the tequila, rum, vodka (if using) or corn syrup.
- Freeze until firm: Transfer mixture to a plastic storage container and freezer in your freezer until firm, at least 6 hours