VIBES: Miguel “Flesh”
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled, or 1 dozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, then grilled
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups deep-fried rice stix
- 1/2 cup slivered green onion
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- A handful of fresh cilantro, roughly torn or chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1 1/2 cups deep fried wonton skin strips
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 T minced green onion
- 2 T sesame oil
- 6 T red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 T light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili paste
Tips and shortcuts:
*I tossed the chicken and shrimp in teriyaki sauce before grilling. You can also skip a steak and get a roasted chicken from the grocery store and just shred the chicken.
*The pre-made salads in a bag also work, but I always toss the dressing and add a few custom ingredients to dress it up.
*Im obsessed with these salad chopper scissors and use them on every salad.
First puff the rice sticks: Heat a 1/4 cup of vegetable oil over medium in a cast iron skillet. The oil is ready when a small piece of the rice sticks sizzles and puffs up quickly. Fry the rice sticks in batches turning once to puff all sides. The rice sticks fry quickly, puff up, and sometimes spatter hot oil so be careful.
Combine salad ingredients: green onion, lettuce, cabbage, cilantro, carrot and orange. Add the grilled chicken or shrimp. Top with rice stix and nuts.
Whisk dressing ingredients. Pour a couple of ounces over the salad. Add wontons to the top and serve.