There are no rules to this salad, use what you have. Adapt to whatever greens you have, chop some veggies, add something sweet, add some cheese, top with some nuts or seeds, and a vinaigrette.
VIBES: Grace Jones “Pull up to the Bumper”
- 2-3 cups greens / chopped
- 1/2 cucumber diced or sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 small red onion sliced paper thin
- 1 avocado sliced into cubes
- 2-4 tablespoons cranberries
- OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons mixed seeds and or nuts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper finely ground
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Make the balsamic vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. Add the oil and whisk thoroughly to combine. Continue whisking until the dressing is fully emulsified.
Marinate the sliced onions in a Tbsp of the balsamic dressing, set aside while you prep your veggies.
Chop and prep all the ingredients and then combine in a large bowl. DO not toss until all the ingredients are added,