VIBES: Summer Walker “CPR” Janet Jackson “Anytime Anyplace”
- 1/2 lb- 1 lb chicken breasts (thin sliced)
- 2 tbsp BBQ Rub (Recipe below)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce + 2 Tbsp for brushing
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped (or a combination of mixed lettuces)
- 1 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh grilled corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced (or pickled onions)
- 1/2 cup diced or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado
- A handful of tortilla chips
- Cilantro Vinaigrette (recipe below) – Or use dressing of choice, Ranch, Avocado Lime, Apple Cider Vinaigrette, etc.
BBQ Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons turbinado brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange peel
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro (lightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- DRESSING: Combine all of the ingredients: Blend all ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust any ingredients to personal preference. Store in the fridge to chill and allow flavors to deepen while preparing the rest of the salad.
- CHICKEN: Coat the chicken with BBQ rub and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, set aside to marinate for 30 mins. Grill chicken on outdoor grill (or broil in your oven, until cooked through and charred slightly) Remove from heat and brush with remaining BBQ sauce, cover with foil and set aside while you assemble the salads.
- SALAD: Chop the lettuce into small bite-sized pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry the lettuce. Wet lettuce keeps the dressing from adhering properly.
- VEGGIE PREP: Drain and rinse the black beans. Thaw frozen corn. Halve cherry tomatoes, chop or shred the cheddar, dice the red onion (toss with a bit of the vinaigrette to remove the sharpness and set aside) Then peel, remove pit, and thinly slice or chop the avocado.
- ASSEMBLE: Add the lettuce to large bowl (or individual plates). Top with black beans, corn, tomato, cilantro, red onion, and avocado. Add tortilla chips then add sliced chicken on top.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Gently toss to combine and serve.