VIBES: Frank Ocean “At Your Best” + Aaliyah “At your Best”
For Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato – diced into cubes
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
For the Chili Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, broken down into florets
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika
- 1/2 onion
- red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- olive oil, salt + pepper
For the Turmeric Rice:
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken (or veggie broth)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp olive oil or a pat of butter
- pinch of salt
For the Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro (lightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
OTHER BOWL COMPONENTS:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head leaf lettuce, mixed greens, romaine
- Black Beans (Use this recipe)
The vinaigrette, rice, beans can all be made ahead. The veggies are best right after roasting, but can also be made ahead and reheated. You can also sub whatever greens and grains you have on hand.
First roast the veggies:
- Preheat the oven to 425º
- Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil salt and pepper and place on a sheet pan. Toss cauliflower with spices, olive oil salt and pepper, and place on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 20-25 mins turning occasionally to brown on all sides. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Sautee the onions in a pan on medium with olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until lightly browned. Toss with the Cauliflower + top with Cilantro.
Then cook the rice:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, turmeric, olive oil (or butter) and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring pan back to a simmer then lower heat and cook, covered, 18 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.
Next, make the cilantro vinaigrette:
- Blend or whisk (I use a blender) the cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, honey , 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking, until the vinaigrette comes together and is well blended. (Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.)
And last assemble your bowls, toss the greens with cilantro vinaigrette, and add all the components into a big bowl. Top with avocado (if you have it) and more vinaigrette, and more chopped herbs.
One thought on “BLACK BEAN + SWEET POTATO BOWLS WITH CILANTRO VINIAGRETTE”
Oh my word, this looks soooo good! I swear I am going to camp out in your kitchen and eat everything! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person