- 1 cup raw quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth (or water)
Roasted Vegetables // Brussels Sporouts, Cauliflower and Sweet Potato:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1½ cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium sweet potato cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Mixed Greens of choice or Arugula or Spinach tossed with balsamic vinaigrette (recipe).
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Chopped Herbs
- Find the lentil recipe here.
First, make the pickled onions. Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Place onion in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and chill. Drain onions before using. NOTE: You can sub apple cider for white vinegar.
Next, make the quinoa. Add the rinsed quinoa and water to a medium pot. Bring it to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 10 more minutes. Fluff with a fork. This will yield about 3 cups; I used a heaping ½ cup per bowl.
Cook the lentils. (Can be done ahead of time) the recipe is here.
Assemble bowls with greens on the bottom, then scoop of quinoa, a scoop of lentils, some roasted vegetables, add some feta and pickled onions and any other toppings. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and serve. I assembled these components into 2 bowls (although the whole recipe will make 4)