VIBES: Frankie Beverly and Maze “Before I Let Go”
For Brisket Base
- 3 lbs Beef Brisket, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Organic BBQ Sauce (I use low sugar keto friendly, use your preferred brand, or you can also make your own)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used Lakanto Monkfruit this time to make it sugar free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350º
- Combine all of dry rub – garlic powder, onion powder, paprika , salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and olive oil to make a paste.
- Coat one side of brisket with the spice mixture, and rub in with hands and repeat on back side. place in the dutch oven, Turn fat side up.
- Combine BBQ sauce in a separate bowl and spread 1 cup on top of brisket save the rest for broiling later.
- Place lid on dutch oven, put it in the oven and cook approximately 3 hours.
- Once done spread bbq sauce in a thick layer on top (fat side up) of brisket. Broil on high till a nice dark brown crust forms on top.
- Remove from broiler and let rest 10 minutes prior to slicing.
- Mine was falling apart and had a pulled pork texture. If you want it less done I suggest checking after 2 hours. It really depends how you like your brisket.
- Serve with pickled cucumbers, pickled fresno peppers, pickled red onion and a cabbage slaw.