For the Salad:
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 red onion sliced paper thin
- 3 cobs of corn, cut off the cob
- 1 avocado, diced
For the Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro (lightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Make the Vinaigrette by blending all ingredients in a blender. Taste for salt, adjust.
- Marinate the onions in a tbsp of the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water. When the water comes to a boil, drop the corn cobs in for 5 minutes then remove from heat and cut kernels the cob.
- Once the corn has cooled, combine all salad ingredients and coat with a few Tbsp of the vinaigrette and the diced avocado. Serve immediately.
- *Can be made ahead by leaving the vinaigrette off the salad. Add just before serving.